Monday, April 18, 2011

Hummingbirds

Well, its definately spring, and feels like summer. Like many others I have been working hard to get my yard in order! The other day when we were outside playing, I saw my first hummingbird of the season.  We had not even filled our feeder yet, and the poor little guy must have been starving, because he was trying to eat out of it.  So I filled our feeder, and decided it would be a good idea to share this easy recipe.

First, please do not add red food coloring.  I know it attracts them, but it is really bad for the poor little guys!!!

ok so the recipe, its VERY simple.  1/4 cup of sugar, dissolved in 1 cup of water. 

 I heat the water to boiling and dump in the sugar, stirring until it dissolves.  Then set it aside and let it cool. 

Be sure and change out this food fairly often.  I change mine once a week.  Its sugar water, so it does attact ants yeah ive seen them crawl up the post on my porch and get up there

Enjoy, and have a wonderful day all.

1 comment:

  1. This is really funny, we've seem to be quite alike! I've got the same template as your blog. I guess we both like nature and colors. By the way i am really in love with hummingbirds as well, i thought i was reading my own blog, Keep it up looks great!!

    ReplyDelete