Saturday, September 17, 2011

Amazing burn remedy

The other day I was at my moms house, and making some flowers for my sisters hair for a wedding she is going to attend.  (check out my shop soon, and they will be in there :)).  I was using my moms hot glue gun, and accidentially burned my finger.  It hurt was excruciating.  Oh my burns are the worst pain!!! I desperately went online in search of something to ease the pain.  I tried everything I saw.  Aloe, HA, I dunno who that REALLY works for.  Toothpaste, did nothing.  Vinegar, well it worked as long as there was ice in it! The only thing helping was keeping my hand in cold water.  And since I was fixing to have to drive home for 2 hrs, that wasn't going to be an option much longer.  Then, I read on some site that the burn center at parkland hospital in Dallas uses onions.  Hmmm, couldn't hurt to try.  I mean seriously, what was in going to do, make it hurt worse?  So I went and chopped up an onion and put it on there.  Seriously, instant relief!!!! It really worked.  Now my problem was if I took it off, the pain came back, but it did take a few minutes before it really was back to excruciating.  So, for the next 30 minutes, I held an onion on the burn.  As long as it was on there, I was fine.  Anyways, long story short, by the time I was about 30 minutes from my house (I burned myself at about 11, and it was now about 3), I could take off the onion, and there was no pain.  NONE! It was totally gone.  I could even bump my finger on things, and there was no pain! I am totally amazed.

So, next time you burn yourself, put a piece of onion on it, it really works!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment