Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11

Well, as I am sure everyone knows, today is September 11. 10 years ago today (wow, I can not believe it has been that long) America was forever changed. I remember being in school, and was walking back from the bathroom. I heard someone in the hall talking about the attacks on the north east and thought they were talking about another country. I got back to my geometry class, and they came on the speaker, and told everyone what happened. It seemed unreal. It was scary. I didn't know what to think. I don't think we did much else in any of my classes the rest of the day but watch the tv.

So many people were affected by the attacks. A lot of great lives were lost. Its sad, and I just do not see how someone can hurt innocent people that they do not even know. Don't people think of other peoples children, and how hard it is going to be for those children to grow up without a parent/parents. And the people that love them. I mean these people did nothing wrong. Most of them probably did not even know about how serious the conflicts our country had with these people were. Yet they, and their familys are the ones who had to suffer. I just don't get people. Why can't everyone just get along, and leave other people alone.  I mean, really.  I am sure those people that were in on the attacks thought "Americans hate us", or whatever they thought.  But how can they be so general.  I don't even know them.  How can I hate them.  And how can they hate me?  Just because I live in a certain place?  They hate me?  They don't know me. I don't hate them.... I can't hate someone I don't know.  I wish I could understand peoples ways of thinking, even if just for a moment.

Lets all say some a quick prayer for those lost, but definately never forgotten. For those who gave so much time, strength and effort to help. For the familys of people lost. For the children who lost their parents. For the husbands/wives that lost their other half.

No comments:

Post a Comment